Why Would I Want To Join?
Start by reading What is Freemasonry? The Masonic family has a place for men of good character who believe in a Supreme Being. A few of the many good reasons to become a Mason are:
- Self improvement. Freemasonry is proud of its philosophy and practice of "making good men better" through practice of the Golden Rule, charity for all mankind and adherence to the cardinal virtues.
- Membership and friendship in a community of good men. Once a Freemason, you have brothers around the globe.
- The opportunity to serve. We work together to help improve the quality of life for others.
- A connection to history via a brotherhood that is centuries old. Over hundreds of years, men who have shaped the world we live in have felt the calling to practice the craft of Freemasonry.
What are the Qualifications to be a Mason?
- Membership in a Masonic Lodge is open to all men 18 years of age or older — regardless of race, color, or religion.
- Every applicant must believe in the existence of a Supreme Being. Your religious beliefs are your own business. Masons only care about your belief in God, not how nor where you pray.
- You must be joining of your own free will.
- You are known to be of good character and without a criminal record.
What is the first step?
New members of the Brotherhood are not recruited; they are attracted by the example of good men performing good works and living good lives. To become a Mason, one must ask of your own free will. If you feel that you are this type of man, please contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org